I reside in Huddersfield with my wife of 42 years and together we have raised three daughters who in turn have made me the proud grandfather of nine grandchildren.
I am a well known DJ talent locally, regionally and nationally-better known as the ‘Big Big 45’. However, as much as I love playing music I’m a firm believer in giving back to the community and as such have involved myself in various community and charitable endeavours. They are too numerous to mention in the allocated space but below gives a flavour:
- Been a founder member of a community black history library
- Provided DJ and sound system services at Black History Month, Kwanzaa, Carnival and Liberation events
- Established a Black Men’s Only cycling group
- Raised money for sickle cell, epilepsy and prostate cancer
- Hosted ‘Black’ chat shows on various community radios over the last 14 years
WINDRUSH ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS 2021