About this role
Brief description of what you’ll be doing
You will assist the marketing team to promote the charity. Main duties will include sourcing, building and maintaining ACAP’s blog and social media accounts. You will also identify, locate and engage with other bloggers, advocates and influencers within social communities to build relationships.
Do you have a passion for writing? You would be a great addition to the volunteering team if you did as we are looking for someone who enjoys to put stories together, researching topics and coming up with the best angle to showcase our work in print.
- Working as part of the marketing team on concepts & new projects
- Creating online assets; content pages, web graphics, email & social assets…
- Create social media partnerships with influencers
- Creative idea generation to support the marketing team
- Create & plan a strategic blogger/influencer strategy to Increase brand awareness, social engagement & website visitors
- Conception and implementation of own creative ideas.
- Pre and post production quality checks
- Attend regular support and supervision sessions.
- To comply with ACAPs Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies and Guidelines.
Qualifications and training required
- There are no set qualifications required for this position as all training will be organised. Any qualifications you do have in this field would be very much welcomed. Experience of blogging would be great as would experience using social media.
Key Skills / What we are looking for
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Strong creative and organisational skills
- Able to take projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Good knowledge of social media platforms e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat & Pintrest
- Good people skills
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Commitment to the role
Please note there is a complete pre-screening process for this role (application, interview, references, DBS check etc) and a comprehensive training programme you must attend (including safeguarding training) before starting in this role.
Other Volunteering Roles
Help ACAP raise essential funds
Volunteer Health Advocate
A voice for young people’s health
Produce eyecatching materials
Help us network with the right people
Give Something Back
Feel satisfied that you are helping the next generation to succeed in life. Give back and feel great about it.
Be Part of a Team
Enjoy the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people.
Learn New Skills
Develop your core skills by taking part in activities designed to strengthen them. Learn new skills too.
Access to Training
Get access to training to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. This will add to your CV.
Be Part of the Community
Overcome the sense of detatchment and become an integral member of the community.
Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses policy.