About this role
Brief description of what you’ll be doing
We are looking for tutors and trainers for 1 – 1 and group tutoring to work with children and young people across KS1, KS2, KS3 and KS4.
Do you have a few hours a week spare to tutor a young person? If you are proficient in English, Maths, Science or Tech then you would be invaluable. You must have a passion for helping students to develop educationally and a commitment to their overall learning.
- Deliver 1:1 tutoring sessions at ACAP education centre
- Prepare and deliver tutoring sessions to best meet the academic needs and goals of the student
- Clarify and teach the required subject matter.
- Assess the student’s knowledge on a regular basis.
- Act as a mentor to students.
- Attend regular support and supervision sessions.
- To comply with ACAPs Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies and Guidelines.
Qualifications and training required
- We are looking for qualified teachers, tutors and teaching assistants with good subject knowledge and understanding of the national curriculum.
Key Skills / What we are looking for
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Experienced in one of the core subjects
- Knowledge of natinal curriculum
- Good people skills
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to the role
Please note there is a complete pre-screening process for this role (application, interview, references, DBS check etc) and a comprehensive training programme you must attend (including safeguarding training) before starting in this role.
Other Volunteering Roles
Help ACAP raise essential funds
Volunteer Health Advocate
A voice for young people’s health
Produce eyecatching materials
Help us network with the right people
Give Something Back
Feel satisfied that you are helping the next generation to succeed in life. Give back and feel great about it.
Be Part of a Team
Enjoy the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people.
Learn New Skills
Develop your core skills by taking part in activities designed to strengthen them. Learn new skills too.
Access to Training
Get access to training to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. This will add to your CV.
Be Part of the Community
Overcome the sense of detatchment and become an integral member of the community.
Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses policy.