About this role
Brief description of what you’ll be doing
Your role is important, you are the lifeblood of the organisation and are often the first point of contact for volunteers. We need you to assist us with office work like answering phones, data entry, filing, posting communications and keeping records of our volunteering activity.
Are you good with computer software like Microsoft Word, Excel or Publisher? You will use these packages and more to assist the ACAP team with office work and tasks to help keep the charity running smoothly.
Assist with various administrative tasks
Answer telephone and transfer calls
- Liaising with the Office Manager to decide upon assignments
Meet and greet clients and visitors
Create and modify documents on the PC
Help maintain and develop filing systems
Coordinate and maintain records
Help to prepare reports and presentations
Open the post, photocopying, and mailing
Comply with ACAPs Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies and Guidelines.
Qualifications and training required
- There are no set qualifications required for this position as all training will be organised. Any qualifications that you do have in this field would be very much welcomed. Experience using Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel would be a great advantage. The ability to type and use a computer for accessing the internet is essential.
Key Skills / What we are looking for
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Word, Outlook, and / or Excel
- Good people skills
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to the role
Please note there is a complete pre-screening process for this role (application, interview, references, DBS check etc) and a comprehensive training programme you must attend (including safeguarding training) before starting in this role.
Other Volunteering Roles
Help ACAP raise essential funds
Volunteer Health Advocate
A voice for young people’s health
Produce eyecatching materials
Help us network with the right people
Give Something Back
Feel satisfied that you are helping the next generation to succeed in life. Give back and feel great about it.
Be Part of a Team
Enjoy the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people.
Learn New Skills
Develop your core skills by taking part in activities designed to strengthen them. Learn new skills too.
Access to Training
Get access to training to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. This will add to your CV.
Be Part of the Community
Overcome the sense of detatchment and become an integral member of the community.
Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses policy.