About this role
Brief description of what you’ll be doing
We hope to recruit a Volunteer Caretaker/Handy Person to support us on a casual, ad-hoc basis with the maintenance, repair, support and general up-keep of our education centre. We are looking for someone with a good level of competency within DIY and general maintenance
Do you have a couple of hours a week to spare to help us keep on top of general DIY and maintenance tasks? ACAP needs you to keep our education centre in tip top condition and help us to fix all those little jobs that always seem to come up.
- Painting and Decorating: as required
- General DIY projects, for example: putting shelves up, erecting furniture, adjusting taps, managing minor repairs etc
- Attend regular support and supervision sessions.
- To comply with ACAPs Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies and Guidelines.
Qualifications and training required
- There are no set qualifications required for this position however competency in DIY and general maintenance is essential for this role.
Key Skills / What we are looking for
- Ennthusiastic, reliable and can work on your own initiative
- Good DIY (or professional) skills in building or plumbing
- Aware of H&S issues and prepared to undertake training as necessary
- Personable, friendly and approachable
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to the role
Please note there is a complete pre-screening process for this role (application, interview, references, DBS check etc) and a comprehensive training programme you must attend (including safeguarding training) before starting in this role.
Other Volunteering Roles
Help ACAP raise essential funds
Volunteer Health Advocate
A voice for young people’s health
Produce eyecatching materials
Help us network with the right people
Give Something Back
Feel satisfied that you are helping the next generation to succeed in life. Give back and feel great about it.
Be Part of a Team
Enjoy the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people.
Learn New Skills
Develop your core skills by taking part in activities designed to strengthen them. Learn new skills too.
Access to Training
Get access to training to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. This will add to your CV.
Be Part of the Community
Overcome the sense of detatchment and become an integral member of the community.
Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses policy.