About this role
Brief description of what you’ll be doing
We are looking for a Volunteer Film Maker / Videographer to join our team who will work filming activities at some of our key events and for some of our projects. We are aiming to build up our database of films to promote our charitable objectives and raise awareness of our work.
Do you have a passion for video and film making? In this role you will be working as part of a small team. Your time will be spent filming, taking photographs and editing. You need to be organised, creative and show initiative. You need to work with minimal direction and be comfortable taking the creative lead.
- Filming key ACAP events and activities.
- Providing and editing films into a suitable format to use on the ACAP website, YouTube account and social media.
- Liaising with the Office Manager to decide upon assignments
- Dealing with other ACAP volunteers and clients in a professional and friendly manner
- Ensuring that filming permissions forms are filled in for all members of the public filmed.
- Conception and implementation of own creative ideas.
- Organising video shoots
- Attend regular support and supervision sessions.
- To comply with ACAPs Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies and Guidelines.
Qualifications and training required
- There are no set qualifications required for this position as all training will be organised. Any qualifications that you do have in this field would be very much welcomed. Experience using photography and video equipment would be great as would experience editing videos using industry standard / popular video editing software.
Key Skills / What we are looking for
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Knowledge of video production and editing
- Good people skills
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to the role
Please note there is a complete pre-screening process for this role (application, interview, references, DBS check etc) and a comprehensive training programme you must attend (including safeguarding training) before starting in this role.
Other Volunteering Roles
Help ACAP raise essential funds
Volunteer Health Advocate
A voice for young people’s health
Produce eyecatching materials
Help us network with the right people
Give Something Back
Feel satisfied that you are helping the next generation to succeed in life. Give back and feel great about it.
Be Part of a Team
Enjoy the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people.
Learn New Skills
Develop your core skills by taking part in activities designed to strengthen them. Learn new skills too.
Access to Training
Get access to training to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. This will add to your CV.
Be Part of the Community
Overcome the sense of detatchment and become an integral member of the community.
Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses policy.
Interested? Click to apply now or contact us to setup an interview
Click apply now and fill out the basic application form. Someone from the team will get back to you to arrange an interview. You can call us on 01274 720254 stating which volunteering role you are interested in and we will take it from there.