About this role
Brief description of what you’ll be doing
The objective for this volunteer role is to professionally and artistically capture the many facets of ACAP, it’s volunteers and the community that we serve. We are looking for photographs that can serve as archives for historical purposes as well as those that can be displayed and utilised for advertising, promotional and public displays.
We are looking for someone with a passion for photography and a creative eye. If that is you, you could be invaluable in this role as we need help photographing our events and project history.
- Photographing key ACAP events and activities.
Capturing images for us to use in ACAP’s publications and on our website
- Liaising with the Office Manager to decide upon assignments
Taking photos of participants at ACAP fundraising events
Ensuring that permissions forms are filled in for all members of the public photographed.
- Attend regular support and supervision sessions.
- To comply with ACAPs Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies and Guidelines.
Qualifications and training required
- There are no set qualifications required for this position as all training will be organised. Any qualifications that you do have in this field would be very much welcomed. Experience of photography would be great.
Key Skills / What we are looking for
- Enthusiastic and passionate
It would be great if you had some basic photography experience
- Good people skills
A professional manner when representing ACAP at events
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to the role
Please note there is a complete pre-screening process for this role (application, interview, references, DBS check etc) and a short training programme you must attend (including safeguarding training) before starting in this role.
Other Volunteering Roles
Help ACAP raise essential funds
Volunteer Health Advocate
A voice for young people’s health
Produce eyecatching materials
Help us network with the right people
Give Something Back
Feel satisfied that you are helping the next generation to succeed in life. Give back and feel great about it.
Be Part of a Team
Enjoy the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people.
Learn New Skills
Develop your core skills by taking part in activities designed to strengthen them. Learn new skills too.
Access to Training
Get access to training to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. This will add to your CV.
Be Part of the Community
Overcome the sense of detatchment and become an integral member of the community.
Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses policy.