About this role
Brief description of what you’ll be doing
We are looking for volunteer PR support to help with our Marketing & Communications supporting our ongoing programme of media activity based on consistent, strong, key messages, across local, regional and national press with the ultimate aim of raising the profile of ACAP.
In this role you will use all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of ACAP. These range from communicating with the local press (Telegraph & Argus, Yorkshire Post, radio stations) etc as well as sending out information to public bodies, businesses and other voluntary organisations.
- Assist us with the development and delivery of the Communications Strategy for ACAP To achieve our aims for audience development and engagement.
- Assist in managing the membership database
- Dealing with other ACAP volunteers and clients in a professional and friendly manner
- Assist us to manage ACAP communications
- Attend regular support and supervision sessions.
- To comply with ACAPs Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies and Guidelines.
Qualifications and training required
- There are no set qualifications required for this position as all training will be organised. Any qualifications that you do have in this field would be very much welcomed.
Key Skills / What we are looking for
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Knowledge of different media sectors
- Good people skills
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to the role
Please note there is a complete pre-screening process for this role (application, interview, references, DBS check etc) and a comprehensive training programme you must attend (including safeguarding training) before starting in this role.
Other Volunteering Roles
Help ACAP raise essential funds
Volunteer Health Advocate
A voice for young people’s health
Produce eyecatching materials
Help us network with the right people
Give Something Back
Feel satisfied that you are helping the next generation to succeed in life. Give back and feel great about it.
Be Part of a Team
Enjoy the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people.
Learn New Skills
Develop your core skills by taking part in activities designed to strengthen them. Learn new skills too.
Access to Training
Get access to training to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. This will add to your CV.
Be Part of the Community
Overcome the sense of detatchment and become an integral member of the community.
Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses policy.