About this role
Brief description of what you’ll be doing
We are looking for a Volunteer who can take a leading role in the development and delivery of ACAP’s sporting participation programme. You will assist others to deliver a number of different sports that encourage young people to take part, stay active and healthy.
Do you have a passion for video and film making? In this role you will be working as part of a small team. Your time will be spent filming, taking photographs and editing. You need to be organised, creative and show initiative. You need to work with minimal direction and be comfortable taking the creative lead.
- Manage the successful design and delivery of youth-led sports activities and events that meet young people’s needs and that have a positive impact on the participation levels of those involved.
- Identification, effective engagement and ongoing relationship building with our project partners including community groups, Bradford Council and Bradford university staff/departments.
- Assist with the recruitment, induction, training, and facilitation of volunteers who are interested in working on our sports programmes.
- To support the effective promotion and marketing of these activities.
- Attend regular support and supervision sessions.
- To comply with ACAPs Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies and Guidelines.
Qualifications and training required
- There are no set qualifications required for this position as all training will be organised. Any qualifications that you do have in this field would be very much welcomed. Experience of setting up sports activities in the past would also be a distinct advantage for this role.
Key Skills / What we are looking for
- Enthusiastic and passionate about sport
- Ability to effectively promote ACAP sports programmes
- Good people skills
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to the role
Please note there is a complete pre-screening process for this role (application, interview, references, DBS check etc) and a comprehensive training programme you must attend (including safeguarding training) before starting in this role.
Other Volunteering Roles
Help ACAP raise essential funds
Volunteer Health Advocate
A voice for young people’s health
Produce eyecatching materials
Help us network with the right people
Give Something Back
Feel satisfied that you are helping the next generation to succeed in life. Give back and feel great about it.
Be Part of a Team
Enjoy the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people.
Learn New Skills
Develop your core skills by taking part in activities designed to strengthen them. Learn new skills too.
Access to Training
Get access to training to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. This will add to your CV.
Be Part of the Community
Overcome the sense of detatchment and become an integral member of the community.
Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses policy.