About this role
Brief description of what you’ll be doing
We are looking for volunteers who are passionate in supporting young people to learn and prepare for the future. This may include practical skills, like cooking, cleaning and budgeting to supporting young people to manage their anxieties or social difficulties.
You will support participation in practical and social activities and enable therm to develop confidence and life skills, and will really make a difference to the lives of people who are often overlooked.
- To be a point of contact for the ACAP support service
- Arrange appointments with clients to assess support required
- Work alongside other key agencies to identify and work with families
in need of support.
- Refer clients into other localised services if referral unsuitable for
- Support clients to take part in activities provided by ACAP and others
- Communicate by telephone with a wide range of people
- Maintain records for statistical information, monitoring and evaluation
- Attend regular support and supervision sessions.
- To comply with ACAPs Health and Safety and Child Protection Policies and Guidelines.
Qualifications and training required
- There are no set qualifications required for this position as all training will be organised. Any qualifications that you do have in this field would be very much welcomed.
Key Skills / What we are looking for
- Committed to the welfare & education of young people
- Patient and encouraging
- Enthusiastic and passionate
- Good people skills
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to the role
Please note there is a complete pre-screening process for this role (application, interview, references, DBS check etc) and a comprehensive training programme you must attend (including safeguarding training) before starting in this role.
Other Volunteering Roles
Help ACAP raise essential funds
Volunteer Health Advocate
A voice for young people’s health
Produce eyecatching materials
Help us network with the right people
Give Something Back
Feel satisfied that you are helping the next generation to succeed in life. Give back and feel great about it.
Be Part of a Team
Enjoy the experience of volunteering as part of a friendly team and meeting new people.
Learn New Skills
Develop your core skills by taking part in activities designed to strengthen them. Learn new skills too.
Access to Training
Get access to training to develop your skills and expand your knowledge. This will add to your CV.
Be Part of the Community
Overcome the sense of detatchment and become an integral member of the community.
Reasonable travel and out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with our expenses policy.